Monday, February 27, 2012

ICC Reality # 4: trix, Super Loopers, DC and Smurfs



Arguably, my favorite news right now in cereal is simply that Trix has decided to include special spoons in their boxes of cereal.   What makes these spoons so special you ask?   Is it the fact that they change colors?   Possibly.  Is it the fact that there are three different ones and I’ve already managed to score two of them?  Probably.  But what really makes them stand out to me is that on the end of said spoons exists the Trix rabbit himself.   Yes, official cereal merchandise is a big score in my little cereal head.



Probably the second best thing I recently found in cereal are Justice League comic books put there by DC Comics.   DC is my I-don’t-want-to-count-out-how-many-th favorite publisher of comic books (It’s behind IDW, Marvel, Dark Horse and probably others), but if cereal is offering comic books inside then I will get those comic books even if they are about DC characters.   (Though I wouldn’t get them if they were about the Marvel Avenger Hawkeye.  Forget that dude)   There were a total of four different comic books you could get and wouldn’t you know it took me just four boxes of Reese’s Puffs to collect them all.  It was like some sort of magic trick.   They were available in other related cereals, but Reese’s Puffs was all I cared about eating and, well, if it took me more than four times to get all four issues then maybe I would have had a different flavor.  (But probably not)



I also really loved that Fruit Loops, one of my favorite cereals of all time, has cashed in on the idea of cereal errors.  I know this happens in other areas of food, but in cereal we do see it quite often as well.  Every so often, two pieces of cereal will come out fused together.  I’ve actually even had two M&M’s stuck together once.   This is something I also see quite often with Trix.   But Fruit Loops has decided that the loops are now stuck together accidentally on purpose and so you should enjoy these Super Loopers.   Cool stuff, man.



Lastly, I will leave you with a random cereal picture.  I never saw this in grocery stores, though I suppose it might have been at Target or something, but I did find it recently at Big Lots for $2.50 a box.  Call now, operators are standing by.
Coming up, we will find more fun stuff in cereal boxes and maybe even John Cena on some Fruity Pebbles?   I don’t know, I’m still put off by those Fruity Boulders.  Yech!


No comments:

Post a Comment